April 13, 2009

Playing With Textures

I posted a tutorial a couple of weeks ago on using textures in Photoshop CS2. After downloading and using other peoples textures I decided to make a few of my own. I've been playing with them today and wanted to share an example and some "how I did it's".

Here is a link to the original tutorial.

Here is the link to my textures. I have added a few more since the tutorial. They are free for you to download, but please, do not claim them as your own or add them to any other groups of textures for download.

Here is the original.


After following the tutorial above, these are three of the finished products.

This is using the Sandstone texture/overlay blending mode/adding a little Gaussian blur to sandstone layer/flatten image.


This one is Weathered Wood/Overlay blend mode/adjust opacity/flatten image.



and this one is one of my favorites. I love the look of shadows it gives to the apple blossom.

On this one I used the Sage Grass texture/soft light blending mode/a little Gaussian blur/reduced the opacity just a tiny bit/flattened image.


And here they are for a comparison.


Hope you enjoy these. Please post comments and questions if you have them. Thanks!

2 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

These are all just absolutely gorgeous. Really, truly lovely.

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Thank you so much!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!