April 22, 2009

Disappointment

I am horribly disappointed that I still do not have any baby chicks. During the course of the last 21 days I had 2 small mishaps that I failed to mention because I was trying to pretend they didn't happen. No. 1- the automatic egg turner stopped working, I replaced it with a new one as soon as I realized it had stopped (I had an extra one just in case). No. 2 - We came home from church one night and the electricity had been off. We we're gone for 2 hours and I don't know how long it was off during that time. I decided not to discard the eggs and take a chance on them after both of these incidents. Looks like I might not have any survivors. I did see a couple of eggs rocking a tiny bit yesterday (or was it wishful thinking?) I am going to give them one more day (that will be a total of 23) and then start a new batch. I've been saving guinea fowl eggs to use in the next hatching. I am also going to look into buying a battery backup in case of power outages. Surely they make those?!

Sorry for a disappointing morning to everyone waiting for the chicks. I'm still hoping to hear tiny peeps and see little cracks in the eggs but my hope is quickly dwindling.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!