April 18, 2009

Rose's Coconut Cake

This recipe came from a friend of mine's mom. I always made a stop at her house on Thanksgiving and Christmas just to steal a piece of this cake. She passed away from cancer several years ago, but she gave me this recipe before she died. She jokingly told me that she knew I could live without her but not without her coconut cake. Of course, I cried like crazy when she told me that because we knew she didn't have long to live. She knew I would think of her each time I baked this cake.

ROSE'S COCONUT CAKE
1 box of yellow or white cake mix
1 1/2 tsp. coconut flavoring
1 box Cool Whip
8 oz. sour cream
1 c. sugar
1 bag coconut, divided

Follow directions on the box for two 9-inch round cake pans, adding 1 1\2 tsp. of coconut flavoring to the cake mix before baking. Mix Cool Whip, sour cream, sugar and 1/2 bag of coconut together. Spread between the 2 layers and on the cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Cover and freeze. Better if frozen for at least 48 hours. Sit out of freezer with time to thaw on the day that it is being served.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Sounds yummy. I'll have to try this out!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!