April 17, 2009

Bleeding Heart

Spring is my favorite time of year and I anxiously await each bloom so I can start snapping photos. Today, in the corner of my flower bed in front of the house, I found this little beauty.

I have been playing with my ISO settings trying to reduce the amount of noise in my photos. I knew that if there was sufficient light, I could set my ISO as low as possible and get much better shots. I did a tiny bit of editing in Photoshop and came away with the end product. I want to capture each and every bloom around our farm as they open and eventually make a photo book of them. The dogwoods have really opened up today and I will try to get some shots of them this weekend.

I also took this while playing with my settings. The low ISO seemed to also give me much better bokeh. I love photos with this blurriness in the background and this leaf just happened to be calling for me to take its picture


Hope you enjoy my little bit of color and Spring. It was absolutely gorgeous here today. Of course, we only get one day of it. We are supposed to get rain and thunderstorms for the next week!

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!