April 26, 2009

Lazy Blogger

I've been a lazy blogger the last couple of days. I've been getting the new babies situated in their brooder, planting garden, mowing the yard and enjoying this beautiful weather we are having. I have also been working on making printable links for all the recipes here. Those links will be showing up on my recipe/what's cooking posts as I get them added.

I start work tomorrow! I have my new employee orientation. Then, I will have 8 hours of training both Thursday and Friday. What will I do with my first paycheck in over 3 years?? Hmmm, I'm sure I can think of something.

I'll get a recipe posted later today. I need to get everyone's clothes ready for morning. It's been a long time since everyone in the house has had to get ready and be out the door by 8:00!

Oh, and after my first experience of incubating eggs and getting 7 healthy babies, I decided I learned enough to try for a better hatching. I sat 16 guinea eggs yesterday and also put 8 guinea eggs under my little Cochin hen who decided to go broody on Thursday. I'll be adding some more hen eggs to the incubator on day 7 so they will hatch at the same time. Guineas take a week longer to hatch than hen eggs.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!