April 9, 2009

My Moon In My Sky

I went to the barn at dusk last night to check on the goats and close the chicken coop door. On my way back, I looked up and saw the moon, the big beautiful moon! I ran to the house as fast as I could, through the door, into the den, both boys and DH said,"What's wrong?" I said, "Nothing, moon, camera!" They said, "Oh." and went back to what they were doing.

I ran past the barn and into the back pasture where I took lots and lots of pics because the moon is a tricky thing. Hard to get that perfect clear focus plus I was using my teleconverter lens and no tripod.

I downloaded them this morning and picked out this one as one of my favorites.

As I walked back to the house, I saw this view, but quickly realized that with my teleconverter lens in place, the lens housing was going to show, but I decided to shoot anyway, and I got this. This is the SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera Shot) and I love it. I love the darkness around the edges making my home, with my family inside, below my moon, in my sky, seem so cozy and inviting.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!