April 21, 2009

Taco Soup

It's cold and windy here again today. I don't think Spring will ever officially get here!! I thought this taco soup recipe sounded good for a chilly Spring evening.

TACO SOUP
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 c. water
2/3 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans
1 (15-oz.) can black beans
1 (15-oz.) can cream-style corn
Sour cream
Shredded cheese
Frito's chips

Brown beef with onions in medium-sized soup pot. Drain excess grease. Add dressing mix, water, taco seasoning, Rotel, beans and corn. Simmer 1 hour before serving with sour cream, cheese and Frito's.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

MMmmmm this soup sounds good. Just have a question... can you tell me what Rotel is please? Can't say that I've ever seen anything with that name in Canada. Thanks!!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. I'll add a link in the recipe. We will pack you up a case of this stuff while your here in August. You won't be able to live without it!

Carmen said...

I made chili the other day because it was cold and I needed a warm food. I'll have to keep this in mind. :)

Tina said...

I make this soup often. This time I added a can of Fiesta Nacho Soup along with a few sliced jalapenos. Makes it a little more spicy...and with the cheese...delicious! =)

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!