April 4, 2009

Farm Life

Means working hard! First you have to brush the goats...


and then feed the chickens

I didn't get pics of chasing the guineas, gathering eggs and climbing gates.

I am so glad my boys wake up and breath fresh country air each and every day! I grew up on a farm and maybe I'm a country hick, but I wouldn't trade my childhood for the world. I never had to sit through a long "let me tell you about the birds and the bees" lecture from my parents. Sex, birth, life and death are all a part of growing up on a farm. My boys have learned about unexpected death from losing a baby goat and they will learn about birth when our momma goats have babies in the Fall. Of course they are wondering about why Billy has come to visit for a couple of weeks but I have answered that with a "baby goats have to have a daddy" answer. They'll figure it out on their own when they get a little older.

I need to finish my coffee and make my morning visit to the barn with my boys tagging right along with me. They would rather live in the barn than in the house!

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!