April 23, 2009

I have a pip!!! I have a pip!!!

I made a trip upstairs to check my hen eggs again. A trip I have made so many times over the last 3 days. In despair, I peeked in the little glass window to see if anything was different. As I leaned forward, I heard a tiny cheeping sound. I checked to make sure it wasn't the Styrofoam on the incubator squeaking....and then I saw it....one tiny little whole in an egg!!!! I am so excited! I'm going to make myself go outside and plant a row of beans, a few hills of squash, a row of zinnias and finish unloading the mulch out of the truck so I won't be tempted to walk up the steps every 5 secs to see if I have a baby out of the shell yet. Will post an update and pics later!

Thank you Glendee and Mom for giving me hope in my dark hour of chickenlessness!!! I love you both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I love cute little chicks.

-FringeGirl

Jamie said...

How exciting!!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!