April 1, 2009

Crisco Dumplings

The name almost sounds like a dessert but it's not! I always had the hardest time making my chicken and dumplings turn out the way I wanted them too. My aunt put this recipe in the family cookbook and it's the only one I use now. I like it because you don't actually put the chicken in the dumplings. This makes my boys very happy because they only like the dumplin' part anyway and I can avoid any small chicken bones that I might miss in other versions of chicken and dumplings. I usually boil some chicken and serve it with the dumplings on the side.

CRISCO DUMPLINGS
2 c. flour
3 heaping T. Crisco
1/2 c. milk
1 egg
2 cans chicken broth

Beat egg in milk. Mix flour and Crisco. Roll out thin using as little extra flour as possible. Cut into 1 - 2 inch squares. Drop into boiling broth and cook until done.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!