April 11, 2009

A Sunny Saturday

The sun is shining, and I want to be outside so bad, but my boys are sick. They both have this nasty Spring cold that everyone has had, has, or is getting. It comes along with a nasty cough, runny nose, high fever and sinus pressure.

This week was supposed to be full of Easter egg hunts and birthday parties, but all we did was stay at home. L's birthday party had to be postponed until next week, but he still got his birthday presents yesterday. No complaints from him. He's a happy, tough little guy who just goes along with the flow. I took a little extra time to cuddle and love on him yesterday. Three years ago he was born and rushed away to a hospital 2 and a half hours away, and the most I got to do was touch his tiny hand and kiss his little toes through the ports on his incubator. I say tiny, he wasn't tiny...he was a whopping 10 pounds 1 ounce, almost as big as my first son at 10 pounds 6 ounces. He had a lot of fluid in his lungs, and the more he fought to breathe the weaker he became. He was taken to another hospital with a level 3 NICU where he was put on a ventilator, feeding tube, PICC line, and all kinds of other lines, tubes and wires coming from his little body. My husband was with him, I was laid up in the hospital close to home with a C-section (until Wednesday morning when wild horses couldn't have kept me away) and my 2 year-old was with friends. All I could think of was that my baby had to be okay, and I had to get my little family back home, together, where we belonged. Eight days later, that finally happened when I brought my big, healthy, baby home. He's 3 now and he's still a big guy, almost as big as my 5 year old.

I love you "little bug" and I am so glad you are in my life.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!