May 8, 2009

Fresh Herbs

Remember the large flower pot that I got at a yard sale a few weeks ago? I thought I had made up my mind to turn it into a small fountain/pond for the deck BUT there has been a change of plans. I now have my very own little herb garden on the back deck!

I have sage, lavender, basil, thyme, oregano, and parsley. I love to cook but I have never used fresh (straight from my herb garden) herbs so I am excited!

Did you notice the pic I added to the pumpkin roll post? To kick off my "food photos" introduction (and I'm not promising a pic with every recipe - just the ones I happen to be making at the time!) and Mother's Day, I will be giving away one of my cookbooks! I will post a thread tomorrow asking something about you and you get to answer! I will pick a random winner tomorrow night. So be watching for the post tomorrow!!! I'm excited about my very first "give away"!

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!