May 2, 2009

Canadian Geese



I promised you some more pics so I am sharing a couple of critters that aren't exactly "ours" but they visit our pond each year during their migration. I love sitting on the front porch early in the morning, drinking my coffee and hearing the loud honking of these guys as they slowly descend and glide onto the water.



I love living out in the middle of nowhere and listening to the birds wake up in the morning. It's raining today so I had my coffee on the couch but still managed to see cardinals, rose-breasted grosbeaks, hummingbirds, titmice, chickadees, Eastern bluebirds, purple martins, starlings and field sparrows. This inspires me to go on a bird shooting expedition as soon as it stops raining so look forward to seeing some of these critters soon. I love my birds, wild and tame.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!