May 24, 2009

Cinnamon Roll Icing

Don't you just hate it when you bake cinnamon rolls and there is never enough of that ooey, gooey, delicious icing? I mean if you buy the store bought you get one itty bitty container stuck in the end of the roll! I like enough icing that it drips off my fingers while I'm eating my cinnamon rolls. I know I'm bad but it's so good!

Here's a quick little recipe to whip up just to make sure everyone gets plenty of icing. When we have Christmas breakfast at my mom and dad's I always take a squeeze bottle full of this for the cinnamon rolls.

1 box powdered sugar
1 stick butter, softened, not melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
Milk

Using a blender to cream the sugar, butter and vanilla together, then add milk to the consistence of cinnamon roll icing.

Wanna know why I posted this recipe today?

Here's why! First I made this...
Monkey Bread by Pastor Ryan on Pioneer Woman's Blog

While that was baking, I mixed up some cinnamon roll icing with a little help from the boys. I did cut the powdered sugar contents down a bit because there was already so much sugar in the monkey bread. I figured that way the diabetic coma would only last a week instead of a month!

And the results were this monkey bread

and then this monkey bread with cinnamon roll icing and I added a big cup of coffee....yummmmmmm!

I definitely need about 100 laps at the track now or at the very least a nap!

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!