May 5, 2009

Guard WHAT??

These are not the greatest photos in the world. They were taken through the kitchen window and it was starting to get a little dusky outside but I just have to share this laugh with you. There are several deer that come to the bird feeders and eat in my backyard this time of year. The yearlings have been weened and the momma's are plump with new babies so they are always looking for a treat. These three wandered into the back yard last night and I grabbed my camera. Here they come...

Just as they start to eat they hear a horribly sound and look to see what it is........

It's coming closer and getting louder and louder......RUN! RUN!
(Sorry about the blur but I needed this pic to get the point across plus I was laughing when I snapped it!)

What was it? What was so scary? What was making that awful sound? Was it a dog? Was it a wild animal? Was it a hunter? No! It was...................

THE GUARD GUINEAS!!!

Apparently they do not want anyone bigger than they are eating the birdseed and corn! The poor deer stayed out there until the guineas finally went to roost then they came and ate!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Wow you are really blessed to have such a perfect spot to catch great photos like that. Thanks for sharing. Cute blog too by the way.

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Hi Farmgirl! So glad you stopped by. Thank you for the compliments.

Farmgirl Paints said...

YAY! Thanks so much for signing up to follow my blog. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!