March 31, 2009

Mamaw's Banana Cake

I'm taking a break from Photoshop to drink a big cup of coffee so I thought I'd post the daily recipe. I've been trying to decide what to post today and have finally decided to post my Grandmother's Banana Cake recipe. Her banana cake has been a favorite in the family for as long as I can remember.

MAMAW'S BANANA CAKE
1 box of yellow cake mix
6 to 8 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. butter

Make cake according to box. Set aside. For icing, mix sugar and milk. Cook in a skillet or sauce pan, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken a little. Remove from heat. Beat until mixture starts to cool. Stir in vanilla and butter. Pour half of icing onto cake. Slice bananas lengthwise into thin slices and layer on top of cake and icing. Pour remaining icing over bananas. For a juicier cake, or if using 2 (9-inch) cake layers, make and add more icing.


The second day after this cake is made the bananas will start to turn brown BUT the cake is even better because it has had time to sit and soak up all that icing!!


No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!