March 27, 2009

Ice Storm 09

I mentioned the ice storm in one of the other blog entries but didn't go into detail. We had an ice storm that hit in late January that put down almost 3 inches of ice and then snow on top. It cause horrible destruction to the trees in the area. I spent the first night of the storm listening to thousands of trees breaking all night long. We woke up to find destruction that looked like a nuclear bomb had hit. It is late March and clean up is still in full force for miles around us. We were without power for 16 days. I have uploaded several of the pics that I took into this album if you care to take a look. I desperately need to run a white balance filter on all of these pics but this at least gives you an idea of what the poor trees went through.



The local newspaper is having a photo contest called Ice Storm 09. I didn't know this at the time or I might have taken some better shots. I think I will enter this one into the contest.

Photobucket

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!