March 26, 2009

A Bit More About Me

Let's see, I was born in KY and after a few different houses and moving around, I have ended up living within a mile of the home that spent the first 19 years of my life in. I grew up with 2 brothers and a sister. I'm the oldest, then a brother, then my youngest brother and sister (8 years younger than me) are twins. I went to college, dropped out, moved around a bit, worked a few different jobs, dated a few different guys, then I went to work at a nursing home as a nurse aide out of pure desperation for money. That's where I met the love of my life. People always look at me funny when I say I met my husband in a nursing home but I DID! He's not a dirty old man or a rich old geiser, he's a Nurse Practitioner and he just happened to be sent to the same nursing home I was working out to make rounds on his patients when he first started work in KY. He is originally from Florida, then Tennessee, then he moved here to meet me!

Our first date....sled riding....and we were inseparable from that night on. We will celebrate out 10th wedding anniversary in August and I would do it all over again in a heart beat. I have turned my city boy into a country man over the years and my Nashville night life kinda guy now drives a tractor and uses a chainsaw to the pure shock of his mother who still lives in Nashville. She is a wonderful mother-in-law and she loves her grand kids to death and spoils them rotten but I seriously think she would develop a rash if she had to stay in the country for more than 4 hours on the visits they make to see the boys....Oh yes...the boys! Mine and DH's greatest creation ever...Our boys! My oldest (I'll just call him J) is 5 going on 20 and is a ray of sunshine and a huge burst of energy at any hour of the day. My youngest (whom I will call L) will be 3 next month and he is the snuggling, loving, can he be any cuter kinda little guy and they are our whole world.

During these past 10 years I have gone to nursing school, graduated with a 3.9, worked for 3 weeks, quit and went on a road trip with DH for his job, came back planning on going back to work but we decided we wanted kids and that I would stay at home with them. After J, my oldest was born, I spent the next 9 months doing an online medical transcription course so I could work and stay at home. I did that for about a year and it took too much time away from my kiddos so I became a full time SAHM!

J will be starting kindergarten (which I can't believe!) in August and L will be going to preschool 2 to 3 days a week so I am reentering the work world! I had an interview yesterday with the MT office at the local hospital and I think it went really well. I'll hear something from them around the first of the upcoming week.

That brings us up to today and L is wanting to go ride the 4-wheeler and I have a flowerbed calling my name, and I hear my rooster crowing and the hens clucking and there's so much to do out in the beautiful world....but first, I need to pour myself another cup of coffee! I love coffee!

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!