March 28, 2009

Rainy Day Macaroni Salad

This recipe is DELICIOUS! I always sneak as much as I can home from the family dinners (thanks Aunt Loetta!) so I can go to the refrigerator multiple times and sneak big bites out of the container I have stashed in the back corner. You know a recipe is good when you use the word sneak twice while talking about it!

MACARONI SALAD
1 lb. elbow macaroni
1 lg. green pepper, chopped
1 med. onion, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1/2 c. vinegar
1 c. sugar
2 c. Miracle Whip salad dressing
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Cook macaroni, drain and cool. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add macaroni, stirring well to coat macaroni. Store overnight in a large airtight container. Stir before serving.

Yum! yum! yum!




BTW, I have lots of aunts as well as a mom and grandmother and several cousins who are all awesome cooks. If anyone decides they want one of our family cookbooks, just email me. It has over 350 recipes in it and it's only $10 (plus $3 S&H!)


No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!