March 26, 2009

A Bit About Me

I have started several blogs and always titled them according to whichever whimsy I was off on at the time. I finally decided to just make a plain old country blog of this and that so I can blog about whatever tickles my fancy on whatever given day I decide to sit down and write about it.

Last week I was in love with my camera and decided to play a bit with it and Photoshop. That lead to a blog called DD's photos that contained all of these 2 posts.

Both on March 21...

#1 called Getting Started
I have always loved taking pictures and have decided to advance in the photography world an itty bitty step at a time. I own a Canon PowerShot S5 IS and will be upgrading in June for my birthday. Just not sure which DSLR I want. I am also a Photoshop CS2 addict and have recently purchased a few new actions and plugins for improving my photography.

I have purchased the Portraiture plugin from Imagenomic, the Itty Bitty 52 Action Set from Itty Bitty Actions, and I also downloaded Pioneer Woman's free Action Sets 1 and 2 (I am totally addicted to her site btw!)

Here's one of my favorite pics of my boys.

I had this printed at Clark Color Labs as an 8 x 10 and it turned out GREAT!! I love the colors in it.

and

#2 called Spring is in the Air
Took this photo a few days ago. I was using my super macro amongst a million buzzing honey bees on a tree outside the house and snapped this little beauty. I used the boost and quick edge burn action from Pioneer Woman's Action Sets. You can find a link to her site over on the right!



That was it, all my creative juices for photography took off to somewhere else and I decided that this week would be about my flower gardens....I also had a gardening blog but hadn't posted to it since I started it last year...I know, I'm bad! Then I had a farm blog which I also started last year and only posted a few posts to and then moved on.

Ummm, lets see, there was also a cooking blog and a Photoshop blog along the way, each died a quick death. I have spent the day looking at them and deleting them and calling this my Blog Home! All things here!

So now whatever I decide to write about will all be in one place so I might at least get a good 10 posts in this one. So if you've read this far then you might be interested in know something about me....Check the next post!

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!