July 7, 2009

My Sister's Keeper


I have never cried so hard at the movies in my life. Right there in public...a blubbering idiot! But I was not alone. I was with 3 of my friends whose husbands refused to go see it with them and they were all crying just as much as I was. When (and if I can handle) watching this movie again it will be on my couch with an extra large box of tissues, a huge tub of ice cream and a warm and fuzzy blanket where no one can see my face afterwards!

Just the thought that so many adults and children are actually going through what Kate (Sofia Vassilieva) and her family portrayed in this movie brings me to tears again.

If you have seen My Sister's Keeper, leave a comment and tell me what you thought and if it broke your heart and made you run home and hold your children close to you as they fell asleep that night?

3 comments:

Lins said...

Oh man. I have a date with two of my best girlfriends to go see this on Saturday. I cry very easily...

I'm a little afraid of what this is going to do to me. :)

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

LOTS AND LOTS OF TISSUES! I took a whole wad of them out of my purse this morning and they were all used!

I am a horrible crier! Red eyes, nose dripping, face swollen kind of crier! One of the girls with us last night is sort of the tough, I don't cry type and it really got her.

You could here people sniffing all over the theater and just when you think your okay, they show another scene that has you bawling your eyes out again!

I talked to my mom today and she wants to go see it! Will I torture myself again??

Carol Murdock said...

Now that you've warned me, I'll wait for Netflix so I can boo hoo in private because I'm a real sad movie crier!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!