July 11, 2009

Busy Week

Hi my loyal readers! It's been a busy week around here. J had to get PE tubes in his ears on Thursday, the garden is in full swing and I worked Friday. Hopefully this work at home thing will eventually happen! The company called and they have all of my equipment, they just need me to have a private line installed. Now why didn't they have me do that 3 months ago when this thing all started? The phone company can't put it in until the 21st....so I'm waiting, just a tad bit impatiently.

I uploaded the pics from my camera today. I had forgotten about these. We took the boys to see the fireworks display in town for the 4th of July.

We also grilled out at my moms and made homemade ice cream. The boys had a great time.

We have been enjoying this....straight out of the garden. I need to pick several ears for freezing tomorrow.

Oh and Grandma from Nashville sent toys, lots of toys and my house has been invaded by underwear-wearing transformers and short storm troopers in Grave Digger attire! Someone please come and save me!

I promise I put clothes on them each and every morning! They just seem to disappear by about 10:00!

12 comments:

StoneBridge Farm said...

yeah... this is like, I can scrub my son's face 10 X's/day...and before bed. Every morning he has a dirty face. WHat is that all about??? The secrets to boys,eh? :0)

Carol Murdock said...

I just downloaded firefox tryig to solve my comment problem...I'll see if it works!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i know how life gets you busy! our garden is so late! we had some bad rains and delayed the corn. yours looks great! we ate some frozen from last year for dinner tonight and it still was sooo good!! firework pics are wonderful!

Arlene said...

I just finished fixing my computer after my dh messed with it!! Just like those little boys they just have to be into something all the time!!! LOL!!!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Carol, I got your email. Hope you get the comment worked. I have been using Firefox for quite awhile now and I love it.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, We're home after a wonderful weekend in the gorgeous North Carolina mountains. I'll post in the morning.

I know how much better off you will be once you can work from you. Good Luck!!!

Love fresh corn-on-the-cob... YUMMMMMMMM.

Hope you had a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Hi Betsy. My husbands aunt and uncle have a cabin in Maggie Valley, North Carolina and we love to visit them. We haven't been since the boys came along. We need to take them, I know they would love it too. It's such a beautiful area.

Jen said...

Ha. When my son was little there was a book called Captian Underpants. If I can find it, of I still have it I will send it to you. :) My son doesn't need it any more, he's 20. Well, I hope he has outgrown it anyway.

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Oh I would love that Jen, thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I love those firework photos!
The little transformers are cute as bug's ears. When my boys were that age they loved to run around in their underoos. Do they still make those? I asked my 3 year old grandson did he wear underoos and he said he didn't know what that was?

The corn looks delicious. Our hot hot dry dry summer with absolutely no rain left me almost cornless.

Have a great day.
Pam

Linda Stubbs said...

Cute cute boys! I remember our boys. We lived on a farm as they were growing up. Clothes were just a bother to them. I would do the same and the next minute the clothes were off. You took me back to a fun memory!

The corn looks wonderful!

We got accepted at market. We go this Sat. We are busy on the farm!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I love the picture, too funny! You'll have show that one to their wives one day. I hope things go smoothly with the transition to working from home.

Lucky you has fresh corn already! The local corn here is on stalks small in height that BB, lol! It's gonna be awhile.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!