August 31, 2009

Pie Crust

I am posting the pie crust that I use for all of my pies. I also use this one to make those fried apple pies I mentioned a few posts back. I will be posting my Apple Pie recipe later with pics because I have promised my boys I would make them one and when it comes to food, they never let me back down on a promise.

This is really easy to make, plus it tastes much better than those thin store bought ones!

Pie Crust
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 T. sugar
6 T. butter
6 T. shortening
6 to 8 T ice water

Set butter out on counter to get nice and soft. I usually set it on top of my stove while the oven is preheating just long enough to make it soft but not melted. Mix 2 cups all-purpose flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in 6 tablespoons of butter, 6 tablespoons of shortening and 6 to 8 tablespoons of water with a dough blender. Form a ball with your dough and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill. Cut ball of dough in half and roll out crusts.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!