March 31, 2010

Banana Nut Roll

I promised this to one of my readers awhile back and never got around to posting it because I lost the recipe. I got it from our pastor's wife and she had hand-written the entire thing for me and I didn't have the heart to ask for it again! I was going through a box of papers yesterday and found it! So here it is....

BANANA NUT ROLL
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
Dash of salt
1 tsp. lemon juice
2/3 c. mashed bananas
1 c. pecans, chopped

Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. Add eggs, salt, lemon juice, bananas and pecans. Pour batter into greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. When done, flip onto dish towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up into towel and place in refrigerator to chill. Unroll when chilled and spread with filling.

FILLING
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 stick softened butter
3 oz. cream cheese or more ( I use the whole 8 oz. block)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together until smooth and spread on baked roll. Re-roll, place in aluminum foil and chill before slicing to serve.

This recipe is a lot like the Pumpkin Roll recipe. It's hard for me to pick which is my favorite. If someone asks me which I like better I always answer, "Whichever I'm eating at the time!"

5 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Oh YUM...this one sounds so good and the pic of the other one looks so perfect! I have never made one yet...it's time! Have a great weekend and come say hi :D

tberry29 said...

Oh yummy. Thanks for sharing, I have some bananas that were getting too ripe I had to put in the freezer. Was wanting a good recipe I could use some in.
Trish

Granny Annie said...

I have all the ingredients to make this so my Friday baking will be this wonderful sounding cake. (I think the ripe bananas can make it til morning. Thanks!

Granny Annie said...

Back to say I made this yesterday and it is out of this world!!!!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

So glad you enjoyed it Granny Annie!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!