March 22, 2010

Peppermint Candy Sugar Scrub

Photobucket
I read a post on Chickens in the Road awhile back on making your own facial scrubs and put it in my "list of things I have to try". Cindy P from the forum there had posted some of the recipes for her scrubs that she makes for craft sales. I made the brown sugar one that Suzanne had posted on her blog but I'm not a big fan of Olive oil...taste or smell! So I searched the forum and found some using Canola oil! I settled on making the Peppermint Facial Scrub and Ladies and Gentleman, this one turned out great!
Photobucket
Here's the recipe I used....

PEPPERMINT CANDY SUGAR SCRUB
1 cup white sugar
1/4 c. very finely crushed peppermint candy (about 10 discs)
1/2 cup canola oil
Vitamin E oil squeezed from two capsules

Mix together and place in a cute little jar.
(Thank you Cindy P)
Photobucket
I made a label using Photoshop. I think I'll make the next one with the actual name of the recipe. Peppermint Candy Sugar Scrub sounds so primitive and cute!
Tie a cute little bow on top and there you go.
Photobucket
I'm going to try the brown sugar and vanilla one again using canola oil (or maybe almond oil if I can find it). I'll do a brown border and lettering for the label and maybe some raffia for the bow. The possibilities are endless and my face is very smooth and soft!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

This is so cute! What a great gift this would be for someone. I'm adding this to my gift idea list.

Thanks!

Jackie

Unknown said...

Scrubs are in my "things i need to try" list too! this one sounds great! I have olive oil as well, so this sounds perfect!

Jen said...

Too Cute... its going on my To Do List!

Arlene said...

I love those!!! I have made a few and love the coconut the best!

Jessica said...

My friend makes a sugar scrub with white sugar, almond oil, lavender and rosemary. I love it! I need to get my hands on some almond oil too. My daughter and I have had horribly dry skin this winter and the oil in the scrub has amazingly helped us. I also love to use it on my feet.

I love that you used candy canes. I still have a box of mini ones that I don't have the heart to toss out. I should crush and make my own scrub!

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

I love this!!!I have a question though. How long will it stay fresh?

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

The vitamin E acts as a preservative so these should last for quite some time. I can't say for how long exactly but I am using the brown sugar/olive oil one now that DOES NOT have the vitamin E and I've been using it for 2-3 months and it's still fine (and almost gone!) so these should last for quite awhile.

If I can find a more definite answer I'll post it for you!

Cheryl said...

I make the brown sugar and just love it. I'm going to make tons of it at Christmas as presents for co-workers and neighbors.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!