March 18, 2010

What I Did Today!

I had a thousand things on my list. I got up early and took Biscuit to the vet to get him neutered. He's back home and doing great. He and Bessie missed each other terribly. I went by the doctor's office and had my blood drawn to check my cholesterol and the levels are looking good. All of this was done by 8:00 this morning (on Thursday - it's late so you may not read this until Friday). I had it in my head that I was going to come home and do some in-depth cleaning on the house, my MT work, put something on for supper and get all caught up with everything that needed to be done including laundry and dishes. Jake was at school and Luke was with his buddies at Mamaw Shirlene's house so the day was mine. I headed home to do all those things that needed to be done and then........I drove past my mom and dad's house. Mom was at work and Dad was heading in from feeding the horses. I can't drive by and see my Dad outside and not stop and see him, even if he does only live 1.3 miles down the road. I pulled in, rolled the window down, opened my mouth to say "Hi" but instead I said, "Hey, you wanna go fishing?" There went my plans! It was a gloriously sunny day, the temp was already up to 57 this morning and I felt like spending the day with my Dad on the pond bank. He grinned and said "Yep."

We loaded up all the fishing gear, climbed on the 4-wheeler and headed for the pond.

My Dad is the most patient man I know. He sat right here ALL day and I sat right beside him.
Photobucket
And we talked and laughed and ate snacks from the cooler and talked and laughed some more.
Photobucket
And you know what? All we caught was one little bitty bass, but we had such a great time!
Photobucket
Of course, mom had to check her Farmer's Almanac Calender and inform us that we picked a POOR fishing day! She lives by her almanac calender!

Oh and I did stop by the store this morning on my way home and I saw these....
Photobucket
Aren't they the cutest measuring cups and spoons? I am addicted to measuring devices, I have an entire cabinet drawer full of different ones and several larger ones on shelves around my kitchen but I didn't have any in these spring colors! I had to have them! And I thought you had to have them too. So I bought an extra set just for one of you!
See....
Photobucket
Just leave me a comment and you're entered. I'll draw a name on Monday morning! Good luck! And do something unexpected......throw all your plans out the window and spend the entire day with someone you love. You won't regret it, I promise!

12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I loved that! How wonderful to have your dad still, miss mine. My day sounded much like yours except I didn't get to go fishing! Come say hi :D

Unknown said...

What a great day you had! I am jealous! I stayed home and cleaned my house... not a terrible way to spend the day but yours is definitely better thats for sure! Your dad is just too cute!

Jackie said...

What a great day! Definitely a good day to scrap the plans and go fishing with your Dad. I need to clean my house today..but I have to go to work so it will wait...I'd rather go fishing.

Hope you have another enjoyable day today.

Jackie

Carmi Quillts said...

What a great day. I used to love spending time with my dad. We may be able to get out this weekend again to go fishing. I hope so. I just love the quiet and watch the birds.

tberry29 said...

Ahhh...what great memories ya'll made for the day. I did yardwork yesterday...it felt so good out.
Cute measuring spoons and cups...I definately need some of those.
I'm the opposite...I dont have enough..Lol
Sure enter me in.
Have a great weekend!

Sunny said...

Haha, loved your post! That is what matters most .... spending time with people you love! My parents are both gone. Now its time for my kids to spend time with me :)

Love those little measuring cups and spoons! Tell me where I can get some cuz I rarely win anything... have a blessed day! I am going to.

Cheryl said...

What a blessing to read about you and your Dad. That was so special to him I'm sure and your memories will be forever!

My wonderful Dad is in heaven now, but I have memories that are priceless!

Rose said...

How wonderful you got to spend the day with your dad. I used to enjoy weekend trips to PA to visit with my parents. Now I enjoy when I get to spend time with one of my girls. Today my youngest daughter and a step daughter from one of my marriages and I are going to a bead show! Not exactly a fishing trip... well, maybe it is, of sorts. LOL. We all have that in common anyway. I'm sure we will do lunch also. But it's the time spent together that matters. And before I forget, I did send you a thank you card for choosing me for the spring giveaway, but I'd like to publicly thank you (and will do so soon on my blog as soon as I figure out how to link your blog). I am behind because of babysitting 40 hours this past week and being so tired from getting up so early! Have a blessed day!

Farm Girl said...

Love those 'do nothing' days. It is even better to spend them with ones you love. What a memory!
Those measure spoons are just too pretty!

Jen said...

Looks like a perfect day to me...

Janet, said...

It's great to just do things on the spur of the moment. Sounds like you and your dad had a great day.

Nursecookie said...

Fishing sounds like a good way to waste the day. Way way better than laundry.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!