October 25, 2009

Took a Drive

yesterday and the colors are absolutely gorgeous this year. We have had enough rain to keep things from just drying up, turning brown and blowing away. There's no way to capture the beauty on film/disc but I had to at least try.

These were taken on our road out to the main highway.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a pic of one of the bluffs on the way home from town. They are absolutely gorgeous when the sun hits them.
Photobucket
It was a beautiful day yesterday and we had our hayride and soup and chili supper at church last night. I love perfect Fall days!

Don't forget to vote for Suzanne today. She's almost in 3rd place already!

7 comments:

Janet Phillips said...

The fall corlors are the best part of this time of the year!!!! Yes I did get the package....thanks soo much for it I loved all the things that were in it....the candles smelled sooo delious!! thanks again!!!

Cheryl said...

The colors are beautiful. Would love to live in the mountains.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a very beautiful drive. It makes me feel really peacefull when i look at those pictures! Have a great day

Carol Murdock said...

What beautiful photos! That Hayride and Chili supper sound like fun! :)

Sunny said...

Love your photos! Gee we passed a church last night that was having a hayride about 4-5 pm on our way to . Wouldn't it be nice if it was Your hayride, cause that would mean you dont live very far away from us! I can't find your e-mail addy on your blog anywhere....

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Just hit the "contact me" link on the right side bar Sunny.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I always think Spring is my favorite time of year and then Fall starts showing off and I can't image any season being better!

Jessica said...

I love that first photo the most. I wish I had a view like that out my window!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!