October 26, 2009

Creamy Potato Soup

This soup is delicious and hits the spot on a cold winter day. I got the recipe from a friend of mine at a get together a couple of weeks ago and I made it for the church hayride Saturday night. It was a big hit after getting off that cold wagon of hay!

My little one loves it. We had a few leftovers and he asked for "tater soup" 3 different times yesterday.

Creamy Potato Soup
8-10 potatoes
1 tsp garlic salt
1 can cream of celery
2 cans cream of chicken
1 stick butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 soup can milk (or evaporated milk) per can of soup
Salt
Pepper

Peel, chop into cubes and boil potatoes with garlic salt until tender. Combine soups and 3 cans of milk with butter and cream cheese. Stir on low heat until melted and blended. Gently stir in potatoes and simmer until thoroughly heated. Salt and pepper to taste. I like to put this in the crock-pot for family dinners so it stays nice and warm while it's being served.



Don't forget to enter my give away!

And vote for Suzanne over at Chickens in the Road!

2 comments:

Janet, said...

That sounds good! I think I'll give that a try some day. I make a baked potato soup that everyone loves, but it's a little time consuming to make.

Steph said...

That does sound good!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!