October 27, 2009

Smart Critters

I have had this feeder hanging for 4 days. I go down each day and shake a little feed out. The deer come and eat it, then stare at the plunger stick thing that makes the food fall out. All you have to do is barely bump it and it falls out but these deer apparently think it's going to do it all by itself OR.....

They might get this smart little guy to help out!
I love the way he figures this out in about 2 seconds then the deer comes and eats what he has worked so hard for!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He knocked out a couple pieces of corn. He looks so excited here!
Photobucket

Gotta go back up and make more fall!
Photobucket

Oh yeah, that's more like it!
Photobucket

Hey wait a minute! Get outta here!
Photobucket

Gotta start all over!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh and this little guy is smart too. He has it all figured out. His arms just aren't long enough!
Photobucket
Hope this made you smile today!

13 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

This is Wonderful! Love it!whose the smartest? The Coon who figured it out or the Deer who gets the food after no work? :)

Janet, said...

That is so cute. Raccoons are smart when it comes to food. I feel sorry for the little squirrel, he knows what to do, but can't quite reach it.

Vera said...

Critters are smart and I love to watch them...

Janet Phillips said...

ha...I love racoons...they crack me up!!!!

Cheryl said...

Love it, pics are wonderful! Gonna be hard to keep that little fellow out of the corn now.

Arlene said...

Oh my look at that wildlife!! Did I ever tell you that we had a pet raccon? Yep it got into everything!!

Anonymous said...

lol that was very cute. Thanks for sharing it with us: )

Callie Brady said...

Those are great photos! Smart raccoons are so smart.

Marie said...

I enjoyed those pictures. I bet before it is over, the squirrel will have it figured out too.

Andora said...

It did make me laugh...I love to watch the coons...they come on our porch a lot and eat the cat food....that was really cute...great post and great shots...

Glenda said...

Hope that feller sticks with the corn and stays away from the chicken coop! Great shots!

Shelley said...

This did make me smile! Those racoons are such devilish creatures! Cute pics!

Rose said...

Put a smile on my face this morning. Thanks.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!