February 12, 2010

Granny Cake

Well my Granny didn't make this, but she would have loved it. If you're a health nut, step away now! If you're dieting...don't look! This one is bad....very bad! I got this recipe from my mom yesterday after eating a piece of this granny cake at her house. It's so easy and I already had everything I needed right in my pantry. I bet you do too!
Photobucket


GRANNY CAKE
1 - 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. self-rising flour

Mix together and pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
Mix together and sprinkle on top of batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

While cake is baking, mix the following ingredients in saucepan:
1 cup evaporated milk
1 stick margarine
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Bring to boil, boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for a couple more minutes. Stirring occasionally. When cake is done baking, punch holes in top with wooden spoon handle and pour boiled mixture over top while cake is still hot.

I had to eat a piece right away, I couldn't wait, but you are supposed to wait until the cake cools and the "icing" will thicken and make a gooey delicious mixture of cake and icing. This cake is very rich. I like to serve it with vanilla ice cream while it's still a little warm but starting to get gooey!

Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

My grandmother makes cakes like that... She made her with lemon jucie, cause it is my dad favorite... I think I may have to make one. I haven't had it since I was 12 years old.
Smooches,
Andrea

Jen said...

I'm gonna have to make this!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

that sounds sooo gooood! and i loved your bird pics in your previous post...so beautiful!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

I have a confession to make! This cake is even better today! Make it a day ahead...you won't be sorry!

Sunny said...

I've got to try this recipe! :)

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!