June 27, 2009

I Did The First Workout!


This is all Lins fault over at Goodbye, Martha! I went to her awesome blog and read about how she is doing the 5K Friday and how wonderful she feels and how amazing it is to be doing it and I caught the bug! I decided (after having gained some weight back recently) that I needed to do this too and what better way than with the support of fellow bloggers!

So, I am officially starting on Monday so I can set up a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule but I did a test workout today and I actually completed it. I thought about stopping at 10 minutes when my calves and thighs were screaming at my to please JUST SIT DOWN but I didn't and eventually everything went numb and I jogged/briskly walked/jogged/briskly walked my way through to the 20 minute mark on the treadmill while listening to Billie Jean and Beat It on the weekend Michael Jackson tribute. When the temp drops below 1,029,000 degrees I'll do this outside.

I can do this and you can too! Thanks Lins for being my inspiration! You can find the link to 5K Friday anytime by clicking this button in my sidebar!
5K Friday button

2 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

Good luck sweetie, my daughter runs them all the time in Nashville. She says it's a wonderful feeling too!

Lins said...

Atta girl!! I added a link to this post on my blog so you can get a little bit of traffic! I'll be excited to watch your progress!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the sweet comments about GM!

Happy Monday!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!