January 9, 2011

Soap, Soap, Soap

I finally got the chance to make some soap earlier this week. The holidays have kept me from it and I have missed it. Earlier this week I made some acne-fighting oatmeal and honey goat milk soap.


It has a very natural honey scent. This soap is as natural as it gets. I used ground oatmeal, goat milk from my Bella and honey from a local beekeeper.

And guess what's in here? I have been saving these plastic Kool-Aid containers for molds for awhile.


They were perfect for what I was wanting to make.


I decided to play with one of my new scents. I had some orange soap colorant and a bottle of orange essential oil.


I had to cut the plastic bottom off and use a can to push the soap out of the molds but it wasn't too hard.


Please excuse all the pics, I love this new lens. Look at that Bokeh! (the blur of the background).


and this soap smells so good! Only 4 weeks of curing and I can use it!


It's great to be making soap again. This week I'm making Fresh Rain. I'm hoping to make a blue and green swirl soap!

I also picked up all the supplies to make candles, my next adventure!!!

Don't forget about the Mary Jane's Farm magazine give away tomorrow morning!!!

15 comments:

Amy said...

I am sure that the orange soap smells wonderful.

I am talking to my hubby about getting some goats when we move out of the city.

Love all your pictures!

TexWisGirl said...

Those orange soaps reminded me of "push-ups" - without the ridge cuts of course. :)

Visits With Mary said...

The orange soap sounds great ! ! Love your mold and the ripple cut....

goatmilker said...

The soaps look great! What do you use for color? I just made 4 batches today. I found a recipe for 8 bars that way I can try new things and if I don't like it there is not that much. Rebekah

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

I use the soap colorant from Hobby Lobby in this batch.

Teresa said...

They look so good! I've enjoyed making soaps, but now I want more time to do it too. You'll love candles. They are a lot of fun to make too.

Michelle said...

Hi, Just a quick note to tell you that I came to read one post and have spent hours on your lovely blog reading all of your past craft projects. Very impressive soaps and candles, well everything. I can't wait to come back soon and read more. Stop by me sometime and say hi.
xoxo

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Hi Michelle! So glad you like it here! I'm always thinking of new things to try! Make sure to join our new forum as well!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the soap looks very pretty. You would not even think it is soap.
Jane.

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

Your soap looks beautiful. Soap making is on my 2011 list of things to do.

LindaG said...

Will you be selling your soap?
I'd like to find someone to teach me soap making before I'd be willing to try it myself. I know me.

Have a great week!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Linda, this will be cured in about 4 weeks and it will go up for sale in my Etsy shop. I am finally able to make soap that I can sell. I gave away all I made before Christmas as gifts!

BumbleBeeLane said...

I'll be checking out your etsy shop.Love homemade soaps.The honey one sounds yummy.Warm Blessings!~Amy

LindaG said...

Thank you! :-)

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Great Blog! Love all the pics!
happy new year!

lil raggedy angie

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!