One of my goals last year was to find a miniature donkey and I completed that goal with 2 days to spare!
- Finish fencing our front lot for the goats and donkeys. It's 50% done as of right now.
- Find Dimple a girlfriend!!
- I always want a bigger, better vegetable garden.
- Start a large herb garden for growing my own herbs to use in canning, soap-making, etc.
- Can more. I would love to can some jams and jellies for homemade gift baskets this year.
- Work on different types of gift baskets using my Country Made Essentials.
- Improve and learn new soap-making techniques.
- Add at least 2 more milk goats to my herd.
- More chicks, guineas and hopefully geese!
- I also have a friend who has promised to save me turkey eggs for incubating this spring.
- Have a happy healthy and easy deliver of baby goats in the spring!
- Work on the barn and stalls, replace boards, gates, etc.
- More fish for the pond.
- Fill the barn loft with hay this fall for the coming winter and spring.
- Stock up some straw for bedding. There's a shortage this year due to the drought and lack of wheat grown this past year.
- A new longer, bigger, better clothesline!
What are your farm goals for 2011??