December 4, 2010

A Night of Baking Cookies


My sister and 3 of the 5 boys we had here last night.

There are a lot of photos in this post but it's fewer than the 97 I have posted in my Facebook album! I just could not narrow it down any farther! We had so much fun! We mixed up our sugar cookie dough using this recipe.


While it was chilling we mixed up chocolate chip cookies and white chocolate chip cookies! Houston put them on the cookie sheets for us!


When the sugar cookie dough was chilled we rolled it out and the boys all cut out shapes.


We had thick cookies, thin cookies, gingerbread men with no arms and gingerbread men with 3 arms! It was all good! We baked and cooled them then the real fun began. Below is a series of photos that some might find disturbing :).

We had some intense artists among us.


We had some a little less serious...


We had a one-socked Picasso amongst us. I have never seen such cookie creations in my life...


He did a little mixing here, a little mixing there and lot of mixing everywhere.


This was by far his coolest masterpiece...


Luke was quite proud of his M&M gingerbread man too!


We had a little belly painting going on!


This $3 tablecloth was one of the best investments I have ever made!


Cookie tasting! They passed the test!


Beautiful Christmas cookies!

Tip: Put a slice of bread in the container with your cookies after baking them. The cookies will pull the moisture from the bread and your cookies will be very soft and delicious the next morning!! When the bread gets dry and hard, replace it with a new slice!


The end results were well worth the mess and all of us have declared this a new annual tradition from now on!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

20 comments:

Patrice said...

It looks like fun. The cheap tablecloth was a stroke of genius!

LindaG said...

What great looking cookies!
And thanks for the tip, too.
Enjoy your weekend! :)

Andora said...

That was awesome!!you all look like you had a blast..what great memories!!!

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

I could not wait for you to post today! How much fun was that. They are great cookie bakers. The no shirt and one sock really adds to the creative moment going on. What a beautiful job they did. I'm making snow cream in a minutes wish they were here for some to have with their cookies.

Have a great weekend!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

We didn't even get to the ornament making! We're saving that for another night.

Julie Harward said...

That is awesome...I love it when boys get to be in on things like this! ;D

TexWisGirl said...

That was cute! Loved their intensity and creativity! :)

Visits With Mary said...

Your pictures remind of the "Cookie Day" my daughters would do each year. Now that my grandchildren are "all grown up" we don't do it anymore. But the memories are still with me of a fun day spent in the kitchen with my kids and grandkids. Merry Christmas, Mary
visitswithmary.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Great post with really the best sort of pictures ever. You are a great mom to turn those little boys loose to make such great memories!!!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

wayside wanderer, I haven't found much that won't wash off or eventually wear off so I say have at it!

The two with blond hair are a friend's boys and the older one is my nephew. My boys had their first official friend sleepover last night as well so they made some great memories!!

floweringmama said...

What fun! We do the same thing . . . thank goodness sprinkles are cheap!

Anonymous said...

What a fun activity for the kids! The cookies look yummy.

Teresa

Cheryl said...

Wonderful family fun. Cookies looked great also.

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

How sweet and fun! Your pictures brought a much needed smile to my face this evening! Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories with us!
Hugs,
Donna

Angela said...

This is what the Holidays are about...family and friends baking! I'm starting my dough for sugar cookies tonight!

Nancy said...

What a great mom and aunt you are for letting the boys express themselves freely -- and not worrying about the mess!

Jackie said...

This looks like so much fun...can't wait to bake and decorate our cookies in the coming weeks.

Have a great Sunday.
Jackie

Jen said...

So much fun! We are having our yearly cookie night this Saturday! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you made all my favorites, at least they had fun.

Merry Christmas!

Whitetail Woods Blog / Deer Hunting and Blackpowder Shooting at it’s best.

Glenda said...

Awwww what a fun time!! Love the pictures. And what a wonderful tradition to start! I sure want to be there 10 years from now when it's the annual cookie baking day... it's going to be just as much fun then I bet!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!