May 7, 2009

Pumpkin Roll

I am making this for the girls in Medical Records tomorrow. Gotta kiss butt on the new job ya know! Plus I haven't had it in a long time and I want some!


Loaf
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. mashed pumpkin
Dash of salt
3/4 c. self-rising flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. pecans

Beat eggs and sugar together. Mix in pumpkin. Stir in salt, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pecans. Pour into a well-greased cookie sheet with sides. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. While baking, sprinkle a clean dish towel with powdered sugar. Remove loaf from oven, loosen edges and flip onto dish towel. Roll dish towel and pumpkin together. Chill for 20 minutes.

Filling
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter

Blend vanilla, powdered sugar, cream cheese and butter together. Unroll pumpkin loaf and spread filling on top. Roll tightly and place dish towel around roll. Place in refrigerator to chill. Slice and serve.


3 comments:

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

Sounds yummy! I love how you have a printable version. The photos are lovely too.

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good. I love pumpkin stuff, but I think I'd be afraid to roll it.

-FringeGirl

Sibel said...

OMG!!!!! this looks sooo good, I will try it and let you know what I really think. I do not think to make it right the first time but I will not give up... it sound really good, pupping and cream cheese? yummy!!!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!