May 12, 2009

My Camera


I have had a few people ask me lately what camera I use. I have a Canon Powershot S5 IS. It's a top end point-and-shoot, DSLR-wanna-be. It has 3 lenses (besides the one that comes on the camera) that can be purchased separately: A teleconverter which I have (it lets you zoom WAY in.), a wide angle lens and a macro lens (several name brands of each are available for the S5. I would love to have a DSLR but I want the video capability of the S5 for T-ball games, basketball games, vacation, etc. We have a video camera but it's easier just to throw in a large memory card (8 or 16 GB) and catch those special moments without the hassle of mini-tapes and two camera bags. There was a time when I always shot on Auto but have found that shooting on P with my ISO at 80 has given me much better photos with less noise and more bokeh. I love bokeh, especially in the pics of my boys and the close ups of flowers. It also has an excellent zoom and Super macro setting. So that's my camera. If you have any questions, please ask.

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!