April 7, 2009

Southern Folklore Seasons

A cold and sunny Tuesday after a couple of weeks of Spring-like weather. Is this Blackberry Winter or maybe Dogwood winter? I also remember my grandmother talking about a Locust winter. So many seasons in Southern Folklore. Seems a little early for Dogwood Winter, but the red buds are already in bloom, and the dogwoods quickly follow. Our cherry trees are in bloom, and I am wondering what this cold snap will do to the cherry production this year.

This weather also plays havoc with the immune system and allergies. Both of my boys are coughing and snotty. Half allergies/half colds. Hopefully, we'll be all better before Easter Sunday, and it will be sunny and 75 degrees again!

No comments:

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!