September 5, 2009

Hello Beautifuls!

I think apple jelly has to be one of the prettiest canned items. When the light hits it just right, it glows!


It's so pretty it almost poses for you! And it tastes soooo good!


I love to can jellies and jams because my boys love to eat it. They love peanut butter and any kind of jelly sandwiches. Apple is one of their favorites. It had better be because I made 21 half pints of this golden deliciousness today!


I have made this with cinnamon sticks added and others with mint but in the end we all like the plain apple best. Mmmmm, I look forward to curling up in front of the fireplace with a piece of homemade bread slathered with this and a little butter while I watch the snow fall. All the hard work in the summer is so worth it when you get to enjoy it the rest of the year!

12 comments:

Arlene said...

Yummy!!! I have not had homemade jelly in years. I do have some honey from a lady tha tlives in our area and it is so good!

Andora said...

I love the homemade jellies to,and the apple is so good!!!! yours looks wonderful..and you are right about all the hard work of the summer paying off..it is so worth it..

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

Wow...it is beautiful in the light! Reminds me of sunset!

Elle Bee said...

Oh wow, those are gorgeous! They look like perfect little cans of amber deliciousness. Who needs bread and peanut butter? Your jelly looks so good, I would eat that stuff off a spoon.
Elle

Jessica said...

Wow! Those jars ARE pretty! I've never had apple jelly but it sure sounds & looks good! A canning "kit" is on my Christmas list this year so hopefully next summer I can try my hand at it! Enjoy! :)

Unknown said...

You are right. They look awesome! Maybe a taste of this could straighten "dirt cat" right out!

Joy Tilton said...

They look like bright little sundrops! I should get busy and make us some...
joy c. at grannymountain

Carmen S. said...

Oh..those look like sparkling jewels, BEAUTIFUL!!!! Bet they will taste yummy too:)

Callie Brady said...

Gold in a jar. How great is that! Hope your kitty is better.

Sunny said...

A very beautiful product! I love it with mint ... yumm!

Linda Stubbs said...

That is soooooo beautiful. You did a beautiful job.. Hope you are enjoying your fall. It is nice to have the cooler weather for sure. Blessings, Linda

COUNTRY MOM said...

Those are so pretty. I love homemade jelly. Have a great day.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!