August 10, 2009

The 2009 Kentucky GetAway


Oh how can I even begin to explain the awesome, awesome time we had on the get away! I have spent the last 5 days with the most wonderful women in the world. We have laughed, cried, hugged and lived life to the fullest the last few days. From sitting on the front porch of the little two room cottage to riding the ferry across the Ohio river, spending time in Amish country and time in art galleries to making crafts and singing in a cave, we have lived life to the fullest! I vow to never miss another getaway! If humanly possible, I will find a way to see and spend time with these women each year. I could go on forever about the wonderful time we had but this year made me realize that until you have been at this annual getaway you can never fully experience the tight knit sisterhood that has formed between these woman. I created a forum 6 years ago but these ladies have made it what it is....a lasting lifelong friendship. This was the first get away I had been able to attend, living vicariously through pics and videos of the others over the years, and now I know why they meet up again year after year. I am already planning for next years!

This is one of the many gifts they left behind! It is very appropriately called "Happiness" because that is what they have given me the last few days.

Thank you for a wonderful time my sisters!!

5 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Looks like your boys had a great time too! Love the Happiness figure. Good friends are the best!

Elle Bee said...

Oh that is so nice! What a wonderful group shot--a memento to treasure for years to come. And the willowtree figurine is one of the prettiest I have seen. I'm so glad you had a great time!
Elle

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

that sounds like an awesome trip! so glad you had a great time! i love visiting the amish country too.

Arlene said...

Awwww.......I was there and I know why I go every year! It is such a friendship of women that my heart swells with pride in knowing them all. And this year was special because we got to meet our leader for the first time!! Love ya DB!!! OKC 2010

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

LOL, Love you too Oakie. I can't wait til next year!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

For those of you who are new followers/readers, don't forget to check out the forum and join in on our discussions there.

My Country Blog of This and That Forum

I love each and every comment my blogging friends leave for me!


All images and graphics on this page were made by me with the exception of that little rooster! He came from Beth Logan's Checkered Chickens at pccrafter.com. Photos were taken by me and graphics were created using Photoshop CS2.
If you see something you like please ask for permission before using it!
Thank you!